Thank you for your interest in the upcoming recruitment event.
Please read through the following information about the job roles before booking your slot at bottom of page.
Care & Support Services (CASS) is part of the Health & Social Care Partnership within Dumfries & Galloway. The face of care is changing, and this is an exciting opportunity to join or re-join the care sector as we seek to embrace new and innovative ways to support people remain at home as independently and safely as possible.
As a Care & Support Worker you will be part of a successful professional team enabling people to remain safely at home. The people you will visit may be vulnerable and have more than one support need.
The role of the Care and Support Worker includes:
- Travelling to and from your visits in the beautiful Dumfries & Galloway countryside
- Delivering personal care
- Continence care
- Moving & Handling including to and from bed or chair
- Supporting people with medication
- Food preparation
- Maintain documents, reporting issues as required
- Promoting and supporting the health, well-being and safety of people
- Lone working as part of a team
This is a professional role and you must register with SSSC (Scottish Social Services Council) within 6 months of your start date and maintain your registration annually, the annual fee is currently £25/year payable by the individual. You will also be required to obtain an SVQ2 or equivalent within 5 years of starting your caring career however, this will be supported and funded by the organisation.
What's in it for you?
- Fulfilling and rewarding career helping to support people to remain at home.
- Rate of basic pay is currently £11.12-11.98/hour with enhancements payable at certain times
- Paid travel time and mileage
- Our service provision is between 7am and 10pm every day of the year, we have different working patterns and contracted hours to accommodate our service users and staff.
- Supportive management structure available during your working hours including out of office hours
- Career progressions and further development opportunities within CASS and the wider Health & Social Care Partnership
- Support with personal development and lifelong learning to help maintain your SSSC registration
- Smart phone provided for your day-to-day work
- Essential PPE and winter pack provided to all staff
Is it for you?
Our recruitment event at The Bridge, Dumfries on 25th October will run from 9am – 5pm in four 2 hour sessions.
Session 1 : 9am – 11am
Session 2 : 11am – 1pm
Session 3 : 1pm – 3pm
Session 4 : 3pm – 5pm
Please confirm your attendance by booking a time with Eventbrite using the button below.
If you do not feel confident with booking online, you can contact us on 01387 271235 during business hours (9am -5pm Mon – Fri)
At this recruitment event we will have experts to tell you more about the role, we will help you complete an application and you can have a same-day interview.
You could walk out with a whole new career!
If it is not for you?
We thank you for your time and wish you all the best with your search for employment!