Intellectual Disability Service
We are a group of health professionals who specialise in helping people who have an intellectual disability.
Our community team consists of:
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Health Care Facilitators
We cover the whole of Dumfries and Galloway and are based in Dumfries and Stranraer.
What We Do
We work closely with our colleagues in Social Work and other agencies to support people who have an intellectual disability to live in the community by:
- Helping service users to access mainstream services
- Assess, treat and monitor mental ill health
- Assess and treat people who find it difficult to manage behaviour
- Refer for hospital admission if required
- Support carers – providing advice and training on specific conditions relating to intellectual disability
- Support carers – providing advice and training on specific conditions related to intellectual disability
- Promote good health
How to get in touch
GPs, Social Workers or Care Providers can refer to our service or you can contact us directly, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
All referrals must be written.
Mountainhall Treatment Centre
Dumfries DG1 4AP
Tel: 01387 244339