Dumfries & Galloway Health & Social Care

Contact us

The Dumfries and Galloway Integration Joint Board values comments and complaints about the health and social care function for which we are responsible and will use information from them to help us to improve what we do.

If you wish to make a complaint, suggestion, compliment or general enquiry about the Integration Joint Board, our work, or our decisions, please do so by completing the online form.

If you have a complaint please notify us by telephone, email or writing to us via the information below:

If your concern is regarding health please contact:


Telephone: 01387 272733

Address: Mountainhall Treatment Centre, Bankend Road, Dumfries, DG1 4AP

If your concern is regarding social care please contact:


Telephone: 01387 260467

Address:  Freepost RTHK-RAGT-KTHT, Information Governance Team, Council Headquarters, English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2DD

If your complaint is regarding a decision made by the Integration Joint Board please contact:


Telephone: 01387246246

Dumfries and Galloway Integration Joint Board
c/o Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary

We operate a two stage process for complaints.

Stage 1 – Frontline Resolution

We aim to resolve complaints quickly and close to where we provided the service. This could mean an apology and explanation if something has clearly gone wrong and immediate action is taken to resolve the problem. We will aim to resolve your complaint at Stage 1 within 5 working days, unless in exceptional circumstances.

If we are unable to resolve your complaint at this stage, we will explain why and tell you what you can do next. The next stage in the process is to move the complaint to Stage 2.

Stage 2 – Investigation

If your complaint is not resolved at Stage 1 or is complex in nature it may be progressed to Stage 2 where it will be investigated. We will aim to resolve your complaint within 20 working days. In exceptional circumstances our investigation may require to take longer than 20 working days. If this is the case we will contact you and ensure you are kept up to date.

What Happens Next?

After we have fully investigated and responded to your complaint and you are dissatisfied with our response or the way we dealt with your complaint, you can appeal to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO)

The SPSO cannot normally look at complaints:

Where you have not gone through the processes outlined above
More than 12 months after you became aware of the matter you want to complain about
That have been considered in Court.

Contact details for the SPSO can be found on their website, www.spso.org.uk/cont