The Integrated Community Equipment Service (ICES) offers a range of loan equipment to support the care needs and promote the independence and reablement of service users living in Dumfries and Galloway.
We have a range of equipment for both adults and children to support service users and their carers with items ranging from:
- bathing and toileting needs
- pressure care
- Profiling beds
- Moving and handling and lifting equipment etc.
Requests for equipment are generally made by a healthcare professional, such as an , occupational therapist or Community Nurse (although for some smaller items self-referral is possible). The equipment is loaned for a period of time that the referrer (health professional) recommends.
Our services include:
- The delivery and installation of equipment
- Maintenance of equipment in line with manufacturer’s guidelines and legal requirements (please note: for some service users this may require our team to contact referrers to help facilitate the home visit that is needed to undertake the maintenance and repair of equipment)
- Collection service for equipment no longer required
- In-depth cleaning of returned equipment through our specialist cleaning facility. (before the item is reissued)
- Repair and refurbishment of equipment where viable
In the event of an equipment breakdown, during office hours, please telephone the ICES department on the main office number.
For out of office hours please telephone the main switchboard 01387 246246
Integrated Community Equipment Service
Main office – 01387 244406
8.30 am – 5.00 pm Monday – Thursday
8.30 am – 4.30 pm Friday