What is ISSU18?
ISSU18 is a regionwide service for children and young people up to the age of 18 who are affected by problematic substance misuse, this can be either their own or that of a family member, which is having a significant impact on the young person’s day to day life.
ISSU18 consists of mental health nurses and a consultant psychiatrist whom are employed by the NHS. In ISSU18 we believe in keeping knowledge base and skills as up to date as possible thus to give our clients the best standard of care. Currently we have staff members undertaking their masters in family therapy, masters in addictions studies, postgraduates in addictions studies and specialising in skills such as motivational interviewing. We pride ourselves on being a small yet innovative team whom not only get on exceptionally well as colleagues but believe we provide a service which is of a high standard for our client group.
Who We Are
- Dr Jenny Halliday – Child and Adolescent Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Martin Stewart, Team Leader
- Lynda McGeorge – Substance Misuse/Primary Mental Health Worker.
- Shirley Barr – Substance Misuse/Mental Health Worker.
- Laura Davidson – Substance Misuse/Mental Health Worker.
- Elizabeth Dally – Substance Misuse/Mental Health Worker.
- Claire Martindale – Substance Misuse/Mental Health Worker.
- Jennifer Austin CAMHS Secretary
- Lynne McCulloch – Medical Secretary
As some of you may be aware for the past few years ISSU18 have been producing a Newsletter and we have now decided to bring ISSU18 in to the 21st Century and develop this even further to our Website.
Please feel free to have a look about at the information we have regarding substances and all things related. Let us know what you think of the website and any comments you have in regards to improvement etc. You can do this by emailing ISSU18 referral address or contacting the offices. If you are a young person under the age of 18 whom is affected by substance misuse then please contact us using our contact details below.
SERVICE BASE (EAST)
Children, Young People and Family Centre,
SERVICE BASE (WEST)
Waverly Medical Centre,
ISSU18 are working towards achieving the LGBT Charter of Rights. Click on the logo for more information.