NHS Near Me
NHS Near Me is a video consulting service for outpatient appointments. NHS Near Me appointments take place in your home using your own device and internet connection or at local NHS premises using our equipment and connection. In those NHS facilities, volunteers and staff are on hand to connect you via video link to your consultant or other health professional.
You may be asked during an appointment if you want your next appointment by NHS Near Me, or you can ask if it would be possible. To use this service, you must have received an appointment letter from NHS Dumfries and Galloway.
Benefits of NHS Near Me include:
- reduced travel;
- reduced time away from home/work/school;
- making it easier to have someone with you for support at your appointment who would not necessarily have been able to travel.
NHS Near Me uses the secure video consulting system Attend Anywhere, which has been approved as private and confidential by NHS Scotland. Near Me calls are not recorded and are not permitted to be recorded.
Attend your appointment or begin a test call
If you are ready to attend your NHS Near Me appointment or you want to make a test call before your appointment is due, click the “Start video call” button below.
(please ensure you are using Google Chrome on Windows and Android devices, or Safari on Apple devices)
Try NHS Near Me out
On Friday afternoons, members of the public are invited to try NHS Near Me out anytime between 1pm and 4pm, without the need for an appointment. Please tell the virtual receptionist who answers the video call that you are not attending an appointment but simply trying the system out.
A support sheet showing the steps of attending your appointment from home using NHS Near Me is below:
NHS Near Me services
- Adult Speech and Language Therapy
- Children’s Outpatients, DGRI
- Community Mental Health Teams across the region
- Community Midwives
- General Psychiatry
- Health Visiting Teams across the region
- Intellectual Disability
- MSK Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy
- Nutrition & Dietetic Service
- Occupational Therapy for Children and Young People
- Physiotherapy for Children and Young People
- Speech and Language Therapy for Children and Young People
- STARS Reablement Service
Please note that not all clinics for the Services listed above are enabled to offer appointments using NHS Near Me.
Please also be aware that the above list of services is not a complete list of services enabled to offer NHS Near Me appointments.
Using NHS Near Me
To attend an NHS Near Me appointment from home, you will need:
- A reliable internet connection (broadband or mobile)
- A device for making video calls, such as a tablet, smartphone or computer with webcam
- A room in your home where you can get some peace and quiet
NHS Near Me works using the Chrome browser (on Android and Windows devices) or the Safari browser (on Apple devices).
NHS Near Me rooms have been set up across NHS Dumfries and Galloway for patients who cannot or do not want to have a video call at home. Someone will be available to get you ready for your video call at one of our NHS Near Me rooms.