A series of consultation meetings is set to take place as part of an independent charity’s review of Short Break Services in Dumfries and Galloway.
Action for Children have announced seven consultation sessions to take place next month as they carry out work to develop options for the service in the region.
The charity have been commissioned by Dumfries and Galloway Integration Joint Board, whose chairman Andy Ferguson said: “After receiving an Independent Review Report on Short Break Services from Action for Children, the Integration Joint Board commissioned the charity to progress with the next stage and carry out an options appraisal.
“The IJB is happy to help promote Action for Children’s call for as many families, carers and professionals as possible to attend these very important events which are intended to ensure that a full range of views and ideas are collated.”
The consultation sessions have been arranged across Dumfries and Galloway, and will be undertaken by Lesley Gordon and Adam Moffat from Action for Children.
Details are as follows:
2nd March –
• Families, Carers and Public Consultation, 10am – 12 noon and 5pm – 7pm Cresswell and Larchfield Community Centre. Cresswell Hill, Dumfries DG1 2DT
• Staff Consultation, 1pm – 3pm, The Willows Meeting Room, The Willows, Glencaple Road, Dumfries DG1 4TG
3rd March –
• Families, Public and Staff Consultation, 11am-1pm, 2pm – 4pm and 5pm – 7pm, St. John’s Meeting Room, Galloway Hospital, Dalrymple Street, Stranraer, DG9 7DQ)
10th March –
• Families, Carers and Public Consultation, 10am – 12 noon and 5pm – 7pm venue Cresswell and Larchfield Community Centre, Cresswell Hill, Dumfries DG1 2DT
• Staff Consultation, 1pm – 3pm, The Willows Meeting room, The Willows, Glencaple Road, Dumfries DG1 4TG
17th March –
• Families, Carers, Public and Staff Consultation, 10am -7pm, venue the McMillan Hall, Dumfries and Galloway DG8 6EQ.
26th March –
• Families, Carers, Public and Staff Consultation, 12pm – 2pm and 5pm – 7pm, Lockerbie Town Hall, Lockerbie, DG11 2ES
Anyone with questions about the arrangements is asked to contact Action for Children via the following means:
0131 659 4712
0131 659 4712