Staff Workplace Wellbeing
Management & Self referral gives access to one of our Occupational Health Case Managers. The aim being to holistically support staff wellbeing, work attendance and/or their return to work (when able). Case managers can sign post staff to services they may wish to explore or consider.
Occupational Therapy service within Occupational Health & Safety can support staff to:
- Establish personal goals, strengths and barriers
- Review and explore techniques, tools and strategies to enhance well-being
- Explore information and signposting on relevant areas
- Establish recommendations for adaptations or reasonable adjustments to enhance ability to carry out work tasks
Physiotherapy Service within Occupational Health & Safety can support staff to:
- Establish safe working practices and manage musculo skeletal health issues.
- Support staff to maintain movement, flexibility, reduce pain and maintain their work attendance.
- Develop programmes of exercise, good posture and activity.
Conflict Management Service within Occupational Health & Safety can support staff with:
- An individual or team reflective/debrief sessions post an adverse incident
- Additional training, coaching and support for staff – post incident or during challenging patient management situations
- Preparation for legal proceedings, court appearances in connection with workplace incidents
Any of the above Occupational Health & Safety services can be accessed via telephone 01387 244626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dumfries & Galloway Council occupational health services are provided by Genesis OHS. Genesis are a local, family run company and will support through clinics across the region.
Occupational health services include:
- Pre-employment screening
- Fitness for work / return to work assessments
- Return to work assessment
- Vision screening
- General health screening
- Drug and alcohol screening
- Specialist job-specific assessments / screening
- Vaccination clinics
Managers can make a referral via the online portal supplied by Genesis. Employees can contact Genesis direct to request counselling:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 01387 248811
The Genesis offices are open from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday, and 8am to 2.30pm on Fridays and are located at 7 Buccleuch Street, Dumfries, DG1 2AT.
Check with your employer whether occupational health services are available.
If not then the Working Health Services may be able to help
Working Health Services
Working Health Services Scotland (WHSS) is a Scottish Government funded NHS service that provides free and confidential advice and health support for people who are self-employed or working in companies with 250 or less employees and have a health condition or injury which they feel is impacting on their work.
The service aims to support people to remain at work avoiding absence. They may be referred to :
- Occupational therapy
The case manager may also provide signposting to services for help and advice on issues such as employment, housing, debt and wellbeing.
Access to service : Referral can be made by self, GP, health professionals or partner organisations.
Telephone 0800 019 2211